After installing Microsoft Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp, use Startup Manager to switch between Windows and macOS.
How to switch between Windows and macOS
- Restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Option (or Alt) ⌥ key on your keyboard during startup.
If you're currently using macOS, you can restart by choosing Apple menu > Restart. If you're currently using Windows, you can click the Start button, then click the Power icon and choose Restart.
- Release the Option key when you see the Startup Manager window:
- Select your macOS or Windows (Boot Camp) startup disk, then click the arrow under its icon, or press Return.
Repeat these steps any time you need to switch between operating systems.
- If you use VoiceOver or another screen reader and you need help switching between Windows and macOS, please contact Apple Support.
- If you choose ”Restart in OS X” from the Boot Camp menu in Windows, you might see the message ”Could not locate the OS X boot volume.” Use the steps above to switch to the Mac operating system.