- On your iPhone, open Find My.
- In Devices, choose your AirPods. If your AirPods are out of their case, you may have to pick the left or right AirPod. With AirPods Pro (2nd generation) or later, you can also pick the case.
- Find your AirPods on the map.
- If they aren’t near you, tap Get Directions to open their location in Maps.
- If you‘re near them, tap Play Sound and listen for a series of beeps.
- Depending on your AirPods and iPhone, you may also see an option to use Find Nearby. Tap it, wait for your AirPods to connect to your iPhone, then follow the prompts to find your AirPods.
Your iPhone may take longer than expected to connect to your AirPods and play a sound or to use Find Nearby.
If you don’t have an iPhone or another Apple device to use Find My, you can also find your AirPods on iCloud.com/find, but the experience may be different and some functionality may not be available.
If your AirPods are “Offline” or show “No location found”
- If your AirPods are not in range or need to be charged, you may see their last-known location. You may also see “Offline” or “No location found”.
- You may be able to get directions to their last-known location, but you won’t be able to play a sound or use Find Nearby.
- If they come back online, you’ll receive a notification on your iPhone (or other Apple device that you use them with).
If you can’t find your AirPods
- In Find My, choose your AirPods and swipe up.
- Under Mark as Lost, tap Activate.
- Follow the onscreen steps to display your contact information in case someone finds your AirPods.
- Select Activate.
Be prepared for the next you misplace your AirPods with the Find My network and Notify When Left Behind
Want to help make sure you find your AirPods next time?
- The Find My network is an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions of Apple devices that can help you find your AirPods, even if they’re offline. Nearby devices securely send the location of your missing AirPods to iCloud, so you can find where they are. It’s all anonymous and encrypted to protect everyone’s privacy. To make sure it’s turned on: on your iPhone, open Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the More Info button next to your AirPods, then scroll down to Find My network and make sure it‘s turned on.
- With Notify When Left Behind, your iPhone or Apple Watch can alert you when you leave your supported AirPods at an unknown location.
The Find My network isn’t supported in South Korea and may be unavailable in other regions due to local laws.