When you share a video to iMovie Theater, it's uploaded to iCloud so you can view it on Apple devices that you've signed into using your Apple ID. If you've turned on iCloud Drive on one device but not on others:
- iMovie Theater might appear empty on some devices.
- Some content might appear to be missing on some devices.
- New content that you share to iMovie Theater might not appear on every device.
Use the steps in this article to set up your devices to view iMovie Theater content.
Set up on your iOS device
Set up on your Mac
Set up on Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV, you can view iMovie Theater content you've shared from your devices using iCloud. Your Apple TV automatically displays your iMovie Theater content when you select iMovie Theater from the Home screen.
To view shared iMovie Theater content on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation):
- Install the iMovie Theater app from the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Open the app from the Home screen and sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID used with your other devices.
To view shared iMovie Theater content on Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation):
- Make sure the iMovie Theater option is enabled in Settings > Main Menu.
- Select the iMovie Theater app on the Home screen, then sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID used with your other devices.
Depending on how many movies you’ve shared to iMovie Theater, you might see a message that your Apple TV "Cannot Connect to iMovie Theater." Try deleting some movies from iCloud using your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. When you delete a movie or trailer from iCloud, it remains in iMovie Theatre on the device you used to delete the movies.