Restart a download on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the iTunes Store app.
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap More at the bottom of the screen, then tap Downloads. On your iPad, tap Downloads.
You won't see Downloads unless you have items available to download.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Find the download that you want to restart, then tap the blue download arrow .
If you can't complete the download on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, try to download it in the Apple Music app or Apple TV app on your Mac, or in iTunes for Windows on your PC. Then sync it to your device.
If you still can't restart your downloads, learn what to do.
Restart a download on your Mac or PC
- On your Mac, open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app. On your PC, open iTunes for Windows.
- If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- In the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Account > Check For Available Downloads.
- Enter your Apple ID password, then click View Account.
Your downloads will automatically restart. If they don't, learn what to do.
If you still can't restart your downloads, try these steps
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or computer.
- Make sure that your iPhone or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPad is updated to the latest version of iPadOS, or Mac is updated to the latest version of macOS. On your PC, make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
- If you use Wi-Fi for Internet access, use a different Wi-Fi network when you download. If you connect to a home network, restart your Wi-Fi router. Also, check for and install any firmware updates for your Wi-Fi router. Refer to your router manufacturer's website for information on how to update its firmware.
- If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, check your settings and network connections.