- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air and later
- iPad mini and later
* iPad mini 3 and later, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro support Apple SIM.
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
In some countries and regions, these iPhone models feature an eSIM:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
You can activate a cellular plan on an eSIM from a carrier that supports Dual SIM. These models also have a SIM tray for a nano-SIM card—you can use a nano-SIM card from a carrier.
You can set up a cellular data plan with an eSIM with these iPad models:
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
Embedded Apple SIM
These iPad models have an embedded Apple SIM that's built into the iPad:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular model
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular model
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular model
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
These iPad models also have a SIM tray for a nano-SIM card—you can use a nano-SIM card from a carrier or an active Apple SIM.* These models won't support an Apple SIM card that hasn't been activated.
* Contact your carrier for details.
- Identify your iPhone or iPad model.
- Remove or switch the SIM card.
- Damage to the SIM tray or the device caused by a modified SIM card isn't covered by Apple's hardware warranty. If you cut or modify your SIM card to fit a different device model, you might not be able to connect to cellular networks or access certain features using that device.
- If you get a new iPhone and your old SIM card won't fit, contact your carrier to move your account to the SIM card that came with your iPhone. Or ask how to get a new SIM card if your iPhone didn't come with one.