About Screen Curtain
When Screen Curtain is on, your device and VoiceOver navigation stay active, even though your display is turned off. For example, if you want to check your bank account in a public place, Screen Curtain turns your screen off so that your information isn't visible.
To use Screen Curtain on your device, VoiceOver must be enabled.
Use Screen Curtain on your Mac
With VoiceOver turned on, use this key command to enable Screen Curtain:
- Press VO-Shift-Fn-_
Use the same command to turn Screen Curtain off.
If you use TrackPad Commander on your Mac
- Use three fingers to triple-tap your trackpad.
- To turn off Screen Curtain, repeat the three-finger triple-tap on your trackpad.
Learn how to control VoiceOver with TrackPad Commander here.
Use VoiceOver Command Help Guide on your Mac to turn on Screen Curtain
- Press VO-HH to enter the VoiceOver Command Help Guide.
- Type the words "Screen Curtain" and hit the return key.
Use Screen Curtain on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
To turn Screen Curtain on or off by gesture:
- Wake your device.
- With three fingers, quickly triple-tap the screen. If the Zoom feature is in use with VoiceOver, tap the screen four times with three fingers.
If you use a bluetooth keyboard with your device, press Control-Option-Shift-S to turn Screen Curtain on or off.
Use Screen Curtain on your Apple Watch
Use your iPhone to turn on Screen Curtain for your Apple Watch:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app and go to My Watch.
- Tap General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Screen Curtain. This setting keeps Screen Curtain active whenever VoiceOver is on.
- To turn Screen Curtain off, repeat these steps.
- Screen Curtain will turn off when VoiceOver is off, or if the device is restarted.
- You can still capture screenshots on your iOS device while Screen Curtain is enabled.