The number of participants on a conference call — as well as the ability to add, merge, or disconnect individual callers — depends on your carrier. Contact your carrier for more information about your conference call options.
How to start a conference call
- Dial the first person and wait for the call to connect.
- Tap add call .
- Dial the second person, and wait for the call to connect.
- Tap merge calls .
- The two calls merge into a conference call. To add additional people, repeat steps 2-4. If you don’t see the option to add another call, you might have reached the limit of participants for your carrier.
Only the person who started the conference call can see the names of all participants. But if a participant adds someone else, they can see the name of the person they added and the person who started the conference call.
If you don't see the merge call option, your carrier might not support it. Contact your carrier for more information about conference calling.
In addition to setting up a conference call on your iPhone, you can use Group FaceTime to talk to multiple people at the same time.
How to add an incoming caller
If you're on a conference call and someone calls you, here’s how to add them:
- Tap Hold & Accept.
- Wait for the call to connect, then tap merge calls .
If you don't see the option to merge calls, the current call or your carrier might not support it.
How to remove someone
- While on a conference call, tap the Info button .
- Tap End next to the person that you want to remove.
If you don't see the option to remove a caller, the current call or your carrier might not support it.