When you sign in to tv.apple.com for the first time, you may be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web. Then you can set limits on content by age rating.
- Go to tv.apple.com and sign in with the account you want to restrict.
- Hover over the account icon in the upper right corner, then click Account Settings.
- Scroll to the Parental Controls section and click the menu to set the ratings for TV shows or movies.
- Create a 4-digit passcode.
- Enter a recovery email in case you ever forget this passcode.
- Tap the slider to turn on Content Restrictions, then choose the age rating you prefer under TV Shows and Movies.
When you log in to tv.apple.com on the web next, Apple TV+ remembers your parental control preferences across all web browsers. Content restrictions set through parental controls on tv.apple.com do not apply to Apple TV+ in the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Mac, smart TVs, or other streaming devices.
- Set up content restrictions using Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or using Screen Time on your Mac.
- Learn how to set up Restrictions on your Apple TV or set up Restrictions on your smart TV or streaming device.