Turn on and charge your earphones
The power button is on the cable beneath the right earphone. Press and hold the button for 1 second to turn your earphones on or off.
To charge, plug your earphones into a power source using the included Lightning cable. Your earphones provide up to 8 hours of playback from a full charge, and up to 2 hours of playback from 5-minute charge.
When your earphones are turned on and set up, the LED indicator light on the power button shows how much listening time is left:
- White: Up to 8 hours left
- Red: Less than an hour left
- Blinking red: Needs to charge
Pair your earphones
Learn how to pair your earphones with your device. If the indicator light on your earphones turns on but doesn't flash, your earphones have already been set up with a device. In that case, follow the steps to connect to a different device.
Pair with an iPhone that uses iOS 10 or later
If you have an iPhone with iOS 10 or later, follow these steps. When you set up your earphones in this way, they also set up automatically with any of your other supported devices that are signed in to iCloud and using iOS 10 or later, macOS Sierra or later, or watchOS 3 or later.
- Hold your earphones next to your unlocked iPhone.
- Press the power button on your earphones for 1 second.
- After a few seconds, your iPhone asks you to connect. If it doesn't, press the power button on your earphones for 5 seconds.
- Follow the instructions on your iPhone.
Pair with a Mac or another device that uses Bluetooth
If you have some other Bluetooth device, follow these steps to pair your earphones with that device:
- Press the power button for 5 seconds. When the indicator light flashes, your earphones are discoverable.
- Go to Bluetooth settings on your device.
- Select your earphones from the list of discovered Bluetooth devices.
Use your earphones
Learn how to play music, change the volume, and answer calls.
To control audio playback, use the center button on the RemoteTalk cable:
- Press once to play or pause audio playback.
- Press twice to skip to the next track. Press three times to skip backward.
- Press twice and hold on the second press to scan forward through a track. Press three times and hold on the third press to scan backward through a track.
Change the volume
To control playback volume, use the volume buttons on the RemoteTalk cable. To control call volume, use the volume controls on your phone.
- Press and release the volume up button, or press and hold to increase volume continuously.
- Press and release the volume down button, or press and hold to decrease volume continuously.
To control phone calls, use the center button on the RemoteTalk cable:
- Press once to answer or end a call.
- Press once to answer a second incoming call and put the first call on hold. When two calls are active, this switches between calls.
- Press and hold for about a second to reject an incoming call.
- Press twice to stop listening through your earphones and send the call to the phone.
To activate Siri on your iOS device or the voice-command feature on another device, press and hold the center button on the RemoteTalk cable until you hear a chime, then say what you need.
Reset your earphones
- Hold down these two buttons for 10 seconds:
- Power button
- Volume down button
- When the LED indicator light flashes, release the buttons. Your earphones are now reset and ready to be set up with your devices again.
Use the Beats app for Android.