Import contacts stored on a SIM card
- Put your previous SIM card, with your contacts, into your iPhone. Make sure that the SIM card fits.
- Tap Settings > Contacts > Import SIM Contacts.
- If asked, choose where you want to import your SIM card contacts.
- Wait for the import to complete.
- Open Contacts and make sure that your contacts imported.* If needed, you can replace the SIM card you just imported from with your newer SIM card.
Your iPhone doesn't store contacts on the SIM card. If you want to transfer contacts between iPhone devices, you can use iCloud to back up or transfer content between devices.
* The contact information imported from a SIM card depends on how your previous phone stored information on the SIM card. For more help with importing contacts from a non-Apple phone, check the manufacturer’s website, app store, or contact your carrier.