To use the Made for iPhone hearing devices, you need one of these devices:
- iPad (4th generation) or later
- iPad mini (all models)
- iPod touch (5th generation) or later
Find out which hearing devices are compatible with your Apple device.
Pair and connect
When you pair a Made for iPhone hearing device to your Apple device, audio from your Apple device goes to your hearing device. If you turn off your hearing device, you need to reconnect it when you want to use it with your Apple device again.
To pair your hearing device, follow these steps:
- Make sure that Bluetooth is on. Go to Settings, then select Bluetooth.
- Open the battery doors on your hearing device.
- On your Apple device, go to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing, and select Hearing Devices.
- Close the battery doors on your hearing device. Your Apple device will search for your hearing device.
- Under MFi Hearing Devices, tap the name of your hearing device.
- Tap Pair when you see the pairing request on the screen. If you have two hearing devices, you'll get two requests. Pairing could take up to a minute.
You can start using your hearing device when you see it under MFi Hearing Devices with a check mark. Control on Lock Screen will be on. Leave it on to control your hearing device from the Lock screen (using the Accessibility Shortcut) and from Control Center on your iPhone or iPod touch, or Control Center on your iPad.
Pair with more than one device
When you pair your hearing devices with more than one Apple device, the connection for your hearing devices switches from one device to the other when you use audio. The connection also switches when you receive a call on your iPhone. If you make changes to your hearing device settings on one device, they're sent to your other devices.
To pair with another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:
- Make sure all devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Follow the steps for how to pair your hearing device.
Connect when you turn on your hearing device
When you turn off your hearing device, it disconnects from your device. When you turn on your hearing device, open and close the battery doors on your hearing device to connect again.
Control your MFi hearing device
You can use your Apple device to select environment presets adjust the volume, turn on Live Listen, and more. To control your hearing device, use Settings or the Accessibility Shortcut.
Set preferences for features that you control with your Apple device by going to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices. Then tap Hearing Devices.
You can play ringtones through connected hearing devices.
Choose the default device for audio playback.
Control Nearby Devices
Use your Apple device to adjust the settings of hearing devices that are on the same WiFi network and connected to your iCloud account.
Continue listening to media through your hearing device when you switch between your Apple devices. For example, if your hearing device is connected to your iPhone but you start watching a movie on your iPad, the hearing device automatically switches to the iPad.
Control on Lock Screen
Quickly make preset and volume adjustments on your hearing device right from the Lock Screen with the Accessibility Shortcut or Control Center hearing button.
You can also tap your hearing device's name in Settings to:
- View connection status
- Adjust volume levels for either or both hearing devices
- Choose an audio preset
- Turn on Live Listen
- Unpair your hearing device
Learn how to use the Accessibility Shortcut to control your hearing devices.
Learn more about compatibility with other hearing devices.