If you have iTunes installed on your computer, follow these steps to update to the latest version of iTunes.
If you don't have iTunes installed on your computer, download the latest version.
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click Updates at the top of the window.
- If any macOS or iTunes updates are available, click Install.
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
If you are not prompted to install a new version of iTunes, you already have the latest version your operating system can support. Some features or devices might require a newer version of iTunes than your system supports. See the System Requirements on the iTunes download page.
Learn how to get software updates for your Mac.
iTunes features might vary by country or region.