This issue may occur only after upgrading to from Mac OS X Server 10.6.x to Lion Server versions 10.7 or 10.7.1. If possible, upgrade to Lion Server v10.7.2 or later. If you've already upgraded to Lion Server v10.7 or 10.7.1, follow the steps below.
- Quit Server Admin if it is currently running.
- Issue the following Terminal commands to stop the Software Update service and move aside existing configuration files:
sudo mv /etc/swupd/swupd.conf /etc/swupd/swupd.conf.orig sudo mv /etc/swupd/swupd.plist /etc/swupd/swupd.plist.orig
- Restart the server.
- Open Server Admin and select the Software Update service.
- Click Settings, reconfigure the service, and then click Save.
- Start the Software Update service.
If you need to reinstall Server Admin Tools, you can download them from Apple Support Downloads.