To use AirPlay to send your movie from iMovie for iOS to Apple TV:
- You must have iOS 4.3 or later on your iOS device, and you must have Apple TV software 4.2 or later on your Apple TV.
- You also need to connect your iMovie for iOS device via Wi-Fi to the same local network to which your Apple TV is connected.
For best results, you should also make sure that:
- You connect all of your devices to the same router (if you have multiple routers). Using multiple routers may prevent discovery between these devices.
- Your devices are not using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN may isolate the device that sits behind it and cause connectivity disruptions. If you are using a VPN, be sure all of your devices are on the same VPN.
- If you have a router set up with a guest account, make sure you connect all of your devices to the same router using the same account.