Avoid using native extended attributes when sharing Xsan backed folders for Windows client computers over SMB.
If native extended attributes are already in use, consider editing the /etc/smb.conf file:
- From the Finder's Go menu choose Go to Folder.
- In the Go to Folder dialog box, type "/etc/", then click the Go button.
- Locate the smb.conf file in the etc folder.
- Using these guidelines, edit the smb.conf file from this:
stream support = yes
stream support = no
- Make no other changes. Save the file then restart the SMB service.
Additional information about Xsan 2.2 and native extended attributes is available here.