Follow these steps to ensure that managed users can only see the managed printers that have been assigned to their group in Workgroup Manager:
- Update the client Mac to Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later.
- Connect to the client management server using Workgroup Manager.
- Select the group whose printer view you wish to control.
- Click the Preference tab.
- Click the Details tab.
- Under the heading "Modify application preferences in the preference editor" double-click the com.apple.mcxprinting entry.
- In the preference editor window that appears, click the disclosure triangle next to "Always" to show the contents of this dictionary.
- Select "Always" then click the "New Key" button.
- Name the new key ShowOnlyManagedPrinters, set the Type to boolean, and the Value to true:
- Click "Apply Now" and "Done".
Repeat these steps as needed for other managed workgroups.