Confirm requirements and versions
- Check system requirements—Make sure that you haven't overlooked any hardware aspect that's required to use DVD Studio Pro. You can view the system requirements on the DVD Studio Pro Technical Specifications page.
- Update to the latest software versions—Choose Apple > Software Update and make sure that you have the most recent updates for your versions of DVD Studio Pro, QuickTime, and other important system files. Installing the latest updates ensures that your software has the latest improvements and enhancements.
- Check compatibility and driver versions for third-party devices—If you're using a third-party storage system, tape drive, optical drive, or something else, check the support area on the manufacturer's website to be sure that you're using the latest version of the relevant driver or other software for your device.
Delete your User Preferences
You can resolve many issues by restoring DVD Studio Pro back to its original settings. This will not impact your project files. To reset your DVD Studio Pro user preference settings to their original state, do the following:
- In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences—the tilde (~) represents your Home folder.
- Drag the "com.apple.dvdstudiopro.plist" file from the Preferences folder to the Trash.
Remove receipts and reinstall DVD Studio Pro
Another approach you might consider is reinstalling DVD Studio Pro. To do this effectively, you need to remove the application and its receipts, reinstall DVD Studio Pro, and then use Software Update to install any additional updates. You don't have to remove everything that was installed with DVD Studio Pro. Follow the steps below to completely reinstall a fresh copy of DVD Studio Pro.
Note: Make sure that you have your installation discs and serial number handy before starting this.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Drag the DVD Studio Pro application to the Trash.
- Go to /Library/Receipts.
- In the Receipts folder, drag the "DVDStudioPro4.pkg" file to the Trash.
- Drag all other receipts whose names begin with "DVDStudioPro" or "DSP" to the Trash.
- Insert your DVD Studio Pro installation disc and install DVD Studio Pro.
- When finished, use Software Update (choose Apple > Software Update) to update your software to the latest version.
For further information on settings or installation, please refer to the DVD Studio Pro documentation available on your installation discs.