On the client computer, add the printer again using these steps:
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose Print & Fax.
- Click the Add (+) button.
- Click IP.
- From the Protocol pop-up menu, choose “Internet Printing Protocol – IPP.”
- In the Address field, enter the server’s DNS name or IP address (not the printer’s name or address).
- In the Queue field, enter: printers/Queue-id
Note: The Queue-id is located after the colon in Server Admin/Print/Queues/Printer:
- From the "Print Using" pop-up menu, choose the printer type. If you’re not sure of the type, try Generic PostScript Printer.
- Click Add.
A blank value for the queue is not supported. CUPS does not support a "default" queue for shared printers. The queue name for manually configured IPP queues must be in the form "printers/<queue-id>", where queue-id is the CUPS queue identifier from the server. The Print Service sharing name cannot be used in this configuration.