- 1. Make sure the electrical outlet works by plugging in a different device, or plug the computer into a different outlet.
2. Check the power cord. Use a known good power cord.
3. Check the connection of the power cord on both ends. Make sure that the plug is securely plugged into both the electrical outlet and the back of the computer.
4. Disconnect the keyboard, mouse, and all other peripherals such as speakers.
5. If you still can't get the unit to turn on, contact your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider.