- Restart the computer.
- Hold down the Option key during restart to run Startup Manager.
- Once Startup Manager appears, select a Mac OS X volume.
- Launch Boot Camp Assistant.
- Select Create or Remove a Windows Partition and click Restore.
- Launch Boot Camp Assistant again and create a Windows partition of the desired size.
- Insert Windows install disc and start installation.
- Format the Windows partition named 'BOOTCAMP' before continuing with the rest of the Windows XP setup process. Important: Do not use the "Leave the current file system intact (no changes)" or "Convert the partition to NTFS" options.
Important: Apple does not provide technical phone support for installing, using, or recovering Microsoft Windows. Support is available for using Boot Camp Setup Assistant, as well as installing or restoring Boot Camp software while booted into Windows. Support articles and discussions may also be available on Apple's support website.