To disable Exposé and Spaces for locally managed users, execute the following Terminal command:
defaults write com.apple.dock mcx-expose-disabled -bool true
To disable Exposé and Spaces for network-managed clients, use the following steps:
- Open Workgroup Manager and select a user, group, or computer group.
- Click Preferences, then click the Details tab.
- If you haven't already imported ManagedClient.app, click the Add button and add the following application:
/System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.appThis will import a number of system-related preference manifests.
- Edit the Dock (com.apple.dock) entry that was added to the list.
- Click the disclosure triangle next to the desired preference domain (Once, Often, or Always) to reveal its contents
- Click the New Key button.
- Select the "New Item" entry that was added to the list.
- Choose Edit from the pop-up menu.
- Once in edit mode, enter the following information:
mcx-expose-disabled boolean true
- Click Apply Now to save the change.
- Click Done to dismiss the preference editor.
Note: This entry will have an orange circle icon with a triangle in it, which indicates this item does not match the preference manifest. This is expected behavior.
The record you selected in step 1 will not be able to use Exposé or Spaces.