Perform the following actions on the server running Push Notification services:
- In Server Admin, click iChat to access the chat services SSL pop-up.
- Enable SSL and choose the appropriate certificate.
- Click the Push Notification service, and if the service is running, click Stop Push Notification.
- Wait for service to stop, then click Start Push Notification.
On each client computer that needs to use SSL for Push services:
- Open Terminal and execute the following command:
notificationconf usessl servername
Note: This is a per-user account setting. It should be run on each user account on the client Mac.
Controlling this setting with Managed Preferences
Once the above command has been run, you can import the configured preference file using the Preference Editor in Workgroup Manager and apply it to other users using Managed Preferences. The preference file to import is:
The key is UseSSL. For more information about using the Preference Editor to manage preferences, see the User Management Admin Guide.