- If the client is bound to Active Directory, unbind it before continuing.
- Log into the client Mac as an administrator.
- Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities).
- Execute the following command to require a password change after X days (where X is the number of days, such as 30):
dsconfigad -passinterval X
- Enter your administrator password to confirm the change.
- Bind the client to Active Directory.
Mac OS X 10.5: Changing the password expiration time for an Active Directory client
Learn how to change the expiration time of the computer account password of a Mac OS X 10.5.x client in Microsoft Active Directory. By default, this password does not expire in Active Directory, however the default in Mac OS X is 14 days.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.