This procedure required for the computers:
- Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 2002)
These computer models were introduced in 2002-01 with microprocessor speeds of 800 MHz, 933 MHz, and dual 1 GHz.
- iMac (Flat Panel)
The new iMac is designed around a stunning 15-inch LCD flat screen that literally glides through the air.
How to install
You must initiate installation using the "MacOSXServerInstall.mpkg," or metapackage file, rather than using the "Install Mac OS X Server" application. This assumes that you have already started up the computer and completed the Setup Assistant. If you have not, do so now. Then follow these steps:
- 1. Start up the computer from the hard disk, as you would for normal use. Do not start up from the installation CD-ROM disc.
2. Insert the Mac OS X Server 10.1 CD into the disc drive.
3. In the Finder, open the Mac OS X Server 10.1 CD and locate the "MacOSXServerInstall.mpkg" file. It is in the path:
/Welcome to Mac OS X Server/MacOSXServerInstall/MacOSXServerInstall.mpkg
4. Double-click the "MacOSXServerInstall.mpkg" file to install the server software.
5. Once the system is set up to access the local network, open the System Preferences application and choose Software Update.
6. Click Update Now to select and install software.
7. Because some software updates are prerequisites for others, you should repeat Step 6 until the computer is fully up to date.
Software updates are also available from Apple Software Downloads (http://www.apple.com/swupdates/).