Update packages and installation
There are two separate update packages available for Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.2.
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.2 Client updates the software that enables Remote Management (enabled in Sharing preferences, in System Preferences).
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.2 Admin updates the Remote Desktop application, which can be used to remotely administer Apple Remote Desktop clients.
Both updates are available via automatic Software Update for Mac OS X 10.4.x and 10.5.x. You can also download either update from Apple Support Downloads and manually install it on Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. In addition, after updating the Remote Desktop application to version 3.2.2, you may use it to automatically update clients on the local network.
Compatibility with previous versions of Apple Remote Desktop
Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.2 allows you to add Apple Remote Desktop clients using versions 2.0 and later to your computer lists and will automatically assist you in upgrading them to the current version of the client software.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.2 will continue to support computers running version 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2.1 of the client software. However if you choose not to upgrade your computers running version 2.0 or 2.1 of the client software, you will only be able to control/observe them.
- Improves reliability of the Copy Items command.
- Upgrade Client Software command now uses unicast packets for improved reliability on certain networks.
- Fixes to the "Force Quit All Applications" and "Copy Items to Computer Automator" actions.
For information about the security content of this update, please visit this website.