To crop a photo:
The aspect ratio of each image should be constrained to match the print size selected for that image. You can check to see if an image is properly constrained by following these steps prior to placing an order:
1. Open iPhoto and select Library in the source menu.
2. Click to select the image you would like to have printed.
3. Look in the lower-left corner of the iPhoto window. If you don't see a small Information window under the Source list, click the button that has a lowercase "i" in a circle. A small Information window opens above the button.
4. In the Information window, you will find the word "size" followed by two numbers, such as 1500 x 1000. This is the size of the image.
5. Calculate the image's aspect ratio by dividing the bigger number by the smaller number. For instance, 1500 divided by 1000 is 1.5, so the aspect ratio for an image measuring 1500 x 1000 is 1:1.5. The aspect ratio should be as close as possible to the aspect ratio of the size of the print you would like to order:
Wallet - 1:1.5
4 x 6 - 1:1.5
5 x 7 - 1:1.4
8 x 10 - 1:1.25
16 x 20 - 1:1.25
20 x 30 - 1:1.5
6. To close the Information window, click the button with the "i" again.
If you don't like the changes you've made to a photo, you can revert to its original version by choosing "Revert to Original" from the File menu. You can also undo your most recent change by choosing Undo from the Edit menu.