- You want to add your driver's license or state ID to a new iPhone or Apple Watch.
- You want to give away or sell your device.
- You need to send your device to Apple for repair.
- Your device has been lost or stolen.
How to remove your driver's license or state ID on your iPhone
- Open the Wallet app.
- Tap your license or ID.
- Tap the More button .
- Scroll down, tap Remove This Driver's License or Remove This State ID, and confirm.
To remove your license or ID from your Apple Watch, use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone: In the My Watch tab, scroll down and tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Then tap your license or ID and tap Remove this Driver's License.
If you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, you automatically remove your license or ID from your Apple Watch.
If your device has been lost or stolen
- Learn how to erase your device from iCloud.com.
- Use the Find My app to erase your device.
- Contact your state issuing authority to report that your license or state ID is lost or stolen.
When you erase your device, you remove all cards and passes from Apple Wallet, including your driver's license or state ID.