Check in the Find My app
- Open the Find My app.
- Tap Items.
- Find the AirTag and tap the name of the AirTag.
- The serial number appears under the name.
Hold the AirTag near your smartphone
- Tap and hold the top of your iPhone or NFC-capable smartphone* to the white side of the AirTag.
- Tap the notification that appears.
- A webpage opens, showing the serial number.
* If you don't have an iPhone, your smartphone's NFC reader might be in a different place.
Look under the battery
- Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of the AirTag and rotate counterclockwise until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and battery.*
- Find the serial number printed inside the AirTag.
- Replace the battery with the positive side up.
- Replace the cover, making sure that the three tabs on the cover align with the three slots on the AirTag.
- Rotate the cover clockwise until it stops.
* Warning: AirTag, the battery cover, and the battery might present a choking hazard or cause other injury to small children. Keep these items away from small children.