Change your payment method in iTunes on your PC or Microsoft Surface
- Open iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, tap or click Account, then tap or click View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Make sure that what's listed on the Account Information page matches the information on file with your financial institution.
- Tap or click Manage Payments to the right of Payment Information. (If you're using an older version of iTunes, tap or click Edit to the right of Payment Type.)
- To update a payment method, tap or click Edit. To add a payment method, tap or click Add.
- From here, you can update, remove, or add payment methods. If have have multiple payment methods, you can change the order. Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can't change the order in which Apple ID balance is charged.
Change your payment method on your Android device or Google Chromebook
You can edit your payment information on an Android device or Chromebook, but doing so will remove all payment methods except your primary method from your Apple ID and from other devices that you use with your Apple ID. To avoid this, use iTunes to update your payment information.
- Open the Apple Music app on your Android or Chromebook device.
- Tap the menu button in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Payment Information.
- Change or remove your information. To remove the payment method, select None.
- Make sure that your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
Change your payment method at tv.apple.com
- Go to tv.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click the account button at the top of the screen.
- Choose Account Settings from the menu that appears.
- Under "Payment Type," click Edit.
If you have multiple payment methods on file, you can't edit your payment information at tv.apple.com.
If you can't edit your payment information
If you have subscriptions, have an unpaid balance, or share purchases with your Family Sharing group, you can't remove all payment information. Get help if you want to use no payment method with your Apple ID.