When you sign in to tv.apple.com for the first time, you may be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web. Then you can set limits on content by age rating.
- Go to tv.apple.com and sign in with the account you want to restrict.
- Hover over the account icon in the upper right corner, then click Account Settings.
- Scroll to the Parental Controls section and click the menu to set the ratings for TV shows or movies.
- Create a 4-digit passcode.
- Enter a recovery email in case you ever forget this passcode.
When you log in to tv.apple.com on the web next, Apple TV+ remembers your parental control preferences across all web browsers. Content restrictions set through parental controls on tv.apple.com do not apply to Apple TV+ in the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Mac, smart TVs, or other streaming devices.
- Set up content restrictions using Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or using Screen Time on your Mac.
- Learn how to set up Restrictions on your Apple TV or set up Restrictions on your smart TV or streaming device.