Here's what you need
- You need an Android phone or tablet with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later, or a Chromebook that supports Android apps.
- Get the Apple Music app from Google Play.
- Subscribe to Apple Music on an Android device. Or sign in with your existing Apple Music subscription.
- To use the latest features of Apple Music, update your Android device to the latest software version and update the Apple Music app.
Sign in, then start listening
To get started, join Apple Music. If you already have an Apple Music subscription, sign in with the same Apple ID that you use with Apple Music. And if you're signed in to the Music app or iTunes for Windows with your Apple ID, you can access your music library on your Android device.
Use Apple Music with Chromecast
You can stream songs playing in Apple Music to your Chromecast device.
- Make sure that your Android device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Apple Music and start playback.
- Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen to open Now Playing.
- Tap the Cast button .
- Tap your Chromecast device.
Before you start playing music, you can also tap the Cast button at the top of the screen in the Music app.
If you need help with your Chromecast, visit Google Support.
Not all content types in Apple Music support Casting, and not all Chromecast devices are supported.
Use Apple Music with Android Auto
With Android Auto, you can listen to Apple Music in your car and control what's playing from your car's display panel. Just download Android Auto from Google Play on your device, then connect your device to you car.
To play music, use voice commands like "play [title of album]" or "play [name of song]." Before you get in your car, you can also create a playlist of music that you want to listen to.
Need help with Android Auto? Visit Google Support.
Android Auto requires Apple Music for Android 2.6.
Manage Family Sharing