- Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Open the lid of your charging case.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the "i" icon next to your AirPods. (If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
- Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.
- With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber, then white.*
- Reconnect your AirPods: With the lid open, place your AirPods close to your device. Follow the steps on your device's screen.
Learn how to reset your AirPods Max.
* When you reset your AirPods, the settings for your AirPods also reset. You can change your settings again.