What's new in Shortcuts 2.0
- Run shortcuts with your voice by adding them to Siri.
- New actions are now available from apps that support Siri Shortcuts.
- Siri will now suggest shortcuts you use routinely on the lock screen and in Search.
- Siri suggests actions to add to shortcuts based on your routines and recent app usage.
- Change your system settings with new actions like Set Wi-Fi, Set Low Power Mode, and Set Do Not Disturb.
- Send and request payments with Apple Pay and your favorite apps with the new payment actions.
- Shortcuts replaces the Workflow app and all existing workflows will be automatically imported.
- Enjoy the updated clean design.
- Have Siri show or speak output with the Show Result action.
- Send and request payments with Apple Pay and your favorite apps with the Send Payment and Request Payment actions.
- Tap into your Home scenes with the new Run Home Scene action.
- Change your system settings with these new actions: Set Airplane Mode, Set Bluetooth, Set Cellular Data, Set Do Not Disturb, Set Low Power Mode, and Set Wi-Fi.
- Edit documents with the new Markup action.
- Share photos to iCloud with the Share with iCloud Photo Sharing action.
- Many other new actions are now available from apps that support Siri Shortcuts.
- Dictate Text now automatically stops listening when you stop talking, and it works in the widget.
- Send Message can now send messages without asking, using the Show When Run switch.
- Set Brightness and Set Flashlight now work from the widget and with Siri.
- Change Case has a new “alternating case” option.
- Fixed an issue where Open URLs couldn't open multiple URLs at a time
- Fixed an issue where the Save File action didn't output files saved via the iCloud document picker
- Fixed an issue where Search iTunes Store may crash when you search for some types of media, such as audiobooks
- Fixed an issue where renaming, deleting, or duplicating shortcuts using 3D Touch may not work
- Fixed an issue where Speak Text may speak quietly when run after a Dictate Text action
- Drafts actions now support Drafts 5
- Accessibility improvements
- Many other bug fixes and minor additions
You can find more information about the Shortcuts app, including comprehensive steps for creating and using them, in the Shortcuts User Guide.