You can quickly find answers and ask new questions using the "Search or ask a question" bar. If you’re signed in, you can ask a new question by clicking Post at the upper-right corner of any page.
To ask a question from the home page:
- Type your question in the "Search or ask a question" bar. Try to limit the question to one short sentence. You'll be able to provide more details in the next few steps.
- Review the list of similar questions to see if any of them sound like yours. You might be able to find an answer without posting a new question and waiting for other members to respond.
- If you don't see what you need, click "Ask the community." Make sure that you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
- On the next page, you can Create a new post. It's helpful to include details like product specs, software version numbers, actions that cause the issue, and any troubleshooting you've already done. Please also keep in mind the community etiquette guidelines.
- Next, choose the device that your question is about and choose a topic.
- Click Post. Your question will be posted to the community for the topic you selected, and then other members can view and answer it.
To help you track responses, you're automatically subscribed to email notifications for any question that you ask or respond to. To set up your email notifications, go to Edit Profile & Preferences.
Encourage helpful community members by marking responses that help solve your question. This awards reputation points and increases the member's status in the community. It also makes it easier for other members to find helpful responses.