We’re sorry your HomePod isn't working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for a replacement, you’ll receive a kit that contains a replacement HomePod with everything you need to return your defective HomePod to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your defective HomePod so that Apple receives it within ten days of the day the replacement HomePod shipped (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your HomePod within ten days, or if Apple technicians find that the HomePod has accidental damage or unauthorized modifications, you'll be charged up to the full value of the replacement HomePod. For more details, see terms and conditions.
Before you ship your HomePod
- Remove your HomePod from the Home app.
- Unpack your replacement HomePod by opening the box provided and taking the foam insert out of the top.
- Remove your new HomePod from the packaging, saving the packaging for your defective HomePod.
Pack your defective HomePod using the included packaging materials
- Put your defective HomePod into the box (where your new HomePod was).
- Put the foam insert back into the box, threading the cord through the slit in the insert.
- Roll the cord up inside the hole at the top of the foam insert.
- Close the lid of the box. Then, remove the tape provided from its backing.
- Use the tape provided to seal the box as shown.
Ship your HomePod to Apple
- Print the shipping label that Apple provided when you requested service.
- Take shipping label and your packaged HomePod to Australia Post.*
- Australia Post will provide you with a receipt to confirm the lodgment of the part return. Please keep your receipt.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your defective HomePod.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Use your replacement HomePod
- Make note of your new HomePod serial number. Your replacement HomePod is covered by a 90-day service warranty or the remainder of your HomePod one-year limited warranty or AppleCare agreement, whichever is longer.
- Set up and use your new HomePod.
© 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.