We’re sorry your AirPod charging case isn't working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for a replacement, you’ll receive a kit that contains a replacement AirPod charging case with everything you need to return your defective product to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your defective AirPod charging case (does not apply if your lost charing case is being replaced) so that Apple receives it within ten days of the day the replacement shipped (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your product within ten days, or if Apple technicians find that your product has accidental damage or unauthorized modifications, you'll be charged up to the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see terms and conditions.
Prepare and pack your charging case using the included packaging materials
- Allow the battery of your defective charging case to fully discharge.
- Remove your replacement charging case from the packaging materials.
- Place the defective charging case into the insert in the white box (the one that you removed your replacement charging case from). Close the white box by placing the lid on it.
- Place the white box inside the brown shipping box. Do not include any other items, such as your AirPods or charging case cable.
- Close the brown box.
- Seal the brown box using the included packaging tape.
- Make sure the red, black, and white battery sticker is clearly visible on the outside of the box.
Ship your AirPod charging case to Apple
- If the return shipping label is included, place it on the box.
- Find the name of the courier on the label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location.
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your defective charging case.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Use your replacement AirPod charging case
- Record the serial number of your replacement charging case. Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, or the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer.
- Place your Apple AirPods in the charging case and press the setup button until the status light is flashing white.
- Set up your AirPods.
© 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, AirPods and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare and iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.