We’re sorry your AirPod charging case isn't working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for a replacement, you’ll receive a kit that contains a replacement AirPod charging case with everything you need to return your defective product to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your defective AirPod charging case (does not apply if your lost charging case is being replaced) so that Apple receives it within ten days of the day the replacement shipped (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your product within ten days, or if Apple technicians find that your product has accidental damage or unauthorized modifications, you'll be charged up to the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see terms and conditions.
Prepare and pack your charging case using the included packaging materials
- Allow the battery of your defective charging case to fully discharge.
- Remove your replacement charging case from the packaging materials.
- Place the defective charging case into the insert in the white box (the one that you removed your replacement charging case from). Close the white box by placing the lid on it.
- Place the white box inside the brown shipping box. Do not include any other items, such as your AirPods or charging case cable.
- Close the brown box.
- Seal the brown box using the included packaging tape.
- Remove the top label from the brown box. This is your receipt. Make a note of the tracking number on the return label.
- Make sure the red, black, and white battery sticker is clearly visible on the outside of the box.
Ship your charging case to Apple
- Find the name of the courier on the return shipping label.
- Visit the courier's website to schedule a pickup or find a drop-off location.*
- Ask the courier for a receipt.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your defective charging case.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Use your replacement charging case
- Record the serial number of your replacement charging case. Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, or the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer.
- Place your AirPods in your charging case and press the setup button until the status light is flashing white.
- Set up your AirPods.
© 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, AirPods and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare and iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
1. An estimate for repairs, as required (section 9844 of the California Business and Professions Code), shall be given to the customer by the service dealer in writing. The service dealer may not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate without the prior consent of the customer. Where provided in writing the service dealer may charge a reasonable fee for services provided in determining the nature of the malfunction in preparation of a written estimate for repair. For information, contact the Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair, Department of Consumer Affairs, Sacramento, CA 95814.
2. A buyer of this product in California has the right to have this product serviced and repaired during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer's hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists during the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been fixed. The warranty period also will be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect and the buyer notifies the manufacturer or seller of the failure of the repairs within 60 days after they were completed. If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been fixed, the buyer may return this product for a replacement or a refund subject, in either case, to deduction of a reasonable charge for usage. The time extension does not affect the protection or remedies the buyer has under other laws.