With third-party Project Extensions for Photos, you can add a variety of powerful tools for creating photo projects and ordering print products. To get started, make sure that your Mac is running macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later. Then download and install extensions from the Mac App Store.
After September 30, 2018, use Project Extensions to create projects and order products in Photos.
How to find and install Photos Project Extensions
- Open Photos.
- In the Photos menu bar, choose File > Create > [project type] > App Store. The Mac App Store opens and shows available Project Extensions.
- Click an extension to learn more, or click Get to download the extension.
- After the extension downloads, it becomes available as a Project Extension in Photos.
Convert existing projects
You can update or continue to work on your existing Photos projects by converting them using third-party extensions:
- In the Photos sidebar under Projects, select the project that you want to convert.
- In the Photos menu bar, choose File > Create > [project type], then choose the Project Extension that you want to use. The extension shows options for the project, then converts the project into its own format.
- Use the Project Extension's interface within Photos to edit your project and place your order for print products. Click Done in the upper-right corner of Photos when you're finished. The converted project appears in the sidebar along with your original project.
After you convert your projects, you can edit them further and place orders using the extension's interface within Photos.
Create new projects
To create a new Photos project using extensions, follow these steps:
- Select a Memory, Album, or group of photos that you want to use for your project.
- Choose File > Create > [project type], then choose a Project Extension.
- Use the extension's interface to create your project, edit it, and place an order.
You can add more photos to your project after it's created: drag the photos from the Photos view and drop them onto the project's name in the sidebar.
Available Project Extensions
Motif is a new service that lets you create high-quality books, cards, and calendars. The extension identifies your best photos using machine learning, automatically creates your project in just a few clicks, and lets you customize each page to your liking. Get support for the Motif extension.
Access a tremendous variety of themes for creating books, cards, and calendars — including book themes that match the Apple themes you’ve used in the past. If you want complete creative freedom, this extension offers unlimited customization of every page in your project. Get support for the Mimeo Photos extension.
Create gallery-quality framed prints using this extension. Quickly design the perfect gallery wall for your home with frames available in a wide variety of styles — from traditional to contemporary. Get support for the WhiteWall extension.
ifolor Photo Products
Available in Europe, ifolor offers great choices for framed prints, photo canvases, photo collages, custom iPhone cases, photo mugs, and more.
In the United States, Mpix produces high-quality photo prints, frames, canvas wraps, cards, and much more. Creating the perfect photo gift is easy to do using this extension, and delivery is incredibly fast. Get support for the Mpix extension.
Wix Photo Albums
Quickly create digital photo albums and elegant photo websites that are hosted on Wix.com. Your albums can be added to over time and easily shared with friends, family, and social media. Get support for the Wix Photo Albums extension.
Project Extensions for Photos might not be available in all countries or regions.