macOS Server 5.6.1 requires macOS High Sierra 10.13.4. After installing the macOS update, you can get macOS Server 5.6.1 from the App Store. (To prevent interruption of services, new versions of Server aren't installed automatically, even when App Store preferences are set to install other updates automatically.)
During installation, you might see the message ”Server app replacement detected.” This is expected. All Server settings and data are preserved during the update, and you can use the Server app to finish setting up previously configured services after the update.
macOS Server 5.6.1 includes support for Open Directory, Profile Manager, and Xsan services.
The following services are hidden for new installations of macOS Server 5.6.1, but work normally when upgrading a previous version of Server that is configured to use these services. In the next major release of Server, these services will be removed. Learn more about changes coming to macOS Server.
Profile Manager supports new restrictions, payloads, and commands.
For macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
- Configure a delay for user notification of software updates—from 1 day to 90 days (default is 30 days)
- Configure access to accessibility APIs for testing apps
- Enable or disable Bluetooth
- Configure permissions for kernel extensions (kexts)
- Configure Content Caching
- Skip the iCloud storage pane in Setup for devices in the Device Enrollment Program
For iOS 11.3
- Configure a delay for user notification of software updates (supervised devices only)—from 1 day to 90 days (default is 30 days)
- Use ScheduleOSUpdate to configure a version number to install a specific eligible iOS version (supervised devices only)
- Enable or disable Bluetooth (supervised devices only)
- Require Face ID authentication before AutoFill (supervised devices only)
- Disable USB restricted mode (supervised devices only)
- Require teacher consent to leave a teacher-created Classroom class (supervised devices only)
- Restrict remote connections from whitelisted devices (supervised devices only)
- Configure Always On VPN to exempt the CellularServices service
- Skip the Privacy pane in Setup for devices in the Device Enrollment Program
- Use the Erase Device command to prevent proximity setup in Setup Assistant
For tvOS 11.3
- Configure Movie ratings, TV ratings, app ratings, and explicit content
- Skip the ”Where is this Apple TV?” pane in Setup for devices in the Device Enrollment Program