The macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Update improves the stability, performance, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
- Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the U.S.
- Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs).
- Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro.
- Allows jumping to the rightmost open tab using Command-9 in Safari.
- Enables sorting of Safari bookmarks by name or URL by Control-clicking and choosing Sort By.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages.
- Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field in Safari.
- Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search field when interacting with password or credit card forms on unencrypted webpages.
- Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information.
- No longer disables User Approved Kernel Extension Loading on MDM-enrolled devices. For devices with DEP-initiated or User Approved MDM enrollment, administrators can use the Kernel Extension Policy payload.
- Improves Spotlight search results for files stored on network mounts.
- Properly evaluates ACLs on SMB share points.
- Adds the
--eraseinstallflag to the
startosinstallcommand in the macOS Installer app at Contents/Resources/startosinstall. Use this flag to erase and install macOS on a disk. For details, run
- Updates System Image Utility to allow creating NetInstall images that erase and install macOS to a named target volume.
See Apple Security Updates for detailed information about the security content of this update.