Siri on HomePod can help you check the weather, find places to go, and check traffic so you can get to where you’re going on time.
Check the weather
Want to know if you should wear a coat or bring an umbrella? Just ask Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the temperature outside?"
- "Do I need an umbrella today?"
- "How’s the weather tomorrow?"
Want to try a new restaurant? Or want to know what time the grocery store closes? Just ask Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "Where’s a great place to eat Mexican food?"
- "What time does the Apple Store close?"
- "Where’s the closest gas station?"
Whether you’re on your way to work or just want to know how long it takes to get somewhere, Siri can help. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the traffic like getting to work?"
- "How long does it take to drive to San Antonio?"
Stay up to date
Catch up on current events, sports, stocks, and more with Siri.
Get the latest news
You can get news briefs from the top news sources in the world. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the news today?"
- "Give me the latest sports news."
Want to switch to a different news source? Say something like, "Hey Siri, switch to NPR instead."
Catch up on sports
Want to know who won between the Cavs and the Warriors? Or when the Panthers play next? Siri knows. Say "Hey Siri," then you can say things like:
- "What teams are playing in the World Cup?"
- "Did the Spurs win last night?"
- “How many completions did Joe Montana have?”
Stay up to date on the stock market, prices, news, and more with Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "How's the stock market doing today?"
- "What’s the market capitalization of Apple?"
- "Where’s the NASDAQ today?"
- "Compare AAPL and the NASDAQ."
More ways to use Siri on HomePod
Siri on HomePod is great at answering questions about the things you want to know and do in your home. Here's what you can do.
Cook with Siri
Need a little help in the kitchen? Siri can help you measure ingredients, set a timer, and even help you count calories. Say "Hey Siri," then you can say things like:
- "How many cups are in a quart?"
- "Set a timer for 45 minutes."
- "Pause the timer."
- "How much time is left on the timer?"
- "How many calories are in an ounce of cheddar cheese?"
Be on time
Need to wake up early to catch a flight? Or want to check the time in another city? Siri can help. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What time is it in Berlin?"
- "When is daylight saving time?"
- "Wake me up tomorrow at 6:00 a.m."
- "Change my 6:00 a.m alarm to 6:30 a.m."
When the alarm goes off, you can say "Hey Siri, snooze" or "Hey Siri, stop."
Ask Siri to translate
You can ask Siri in English how to say something in Mandarin, Spanish, French, German, or Italian. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "How do you say 'nice to meet you' in Mandarin?"
- "How do you say 'thank you' in Italian?"
- "How do you say 'Good Morning' in German?"
From math to pop culture, Siri knows a little bit about everything. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask Siri things like:
- "Who sings this song?"
- "What’s a 15% tip on $85?"
- "How high is El Capitan?"
- "What movie won Best Picture last year?"
- With Personal Requests on HomePod, you can ask Siri to send and read messages, add reminders, and create notes.
- Turn on lights, adjust the thermostat, and control all of the products that you use in your home with Siri.
- Use Siri to listen to music and podcasts on HomePod.