What happens when you sign out of iCloud on your device
You can sign out of iCloud any time you like to stop using iCloud and its related services on your device. These services are listed below. Before signing out, make sure that you’re comfortable having these services turned off. If you only want to stop using some iCloud features, you can change your iCloud settings instead of signing out of iCloud.
- Apple Pay, Apple Cash, and Apple Card*
- Find My
- Game Center
- Home app to control your HomeKit devices
- iCloud Backup
- iCloud Drive
- iCloud Keychain
- iCloud Mail
- iCloud Photos
- Siri Shortcuts
- Voice Memos
- Shared Albums
- Messages in iCloud
- Shared Notes
- Shared Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents
- Updates to your contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks, and Safari tabs
- Continuity features like Handoff, Universal Clipboard, and Auto Unlock with your Apple Watch
- App data for any third-party apps that you've installed that use iCloud
When you sign out, any data stored in iCloud will be removed from your device but will remain in iCloud. Before you sign out, you’ll be asked if you want to keep a copy of any of this information on your device.
If you have iCloud+ and you sign out of iCloud on your device, you lose access to iCloud Private Relay, Hide My Email, HomeKit Secure Video support, and custom email domain** on that device.
* Your Apple Cash and Apple Card accounts are linked to your Apple ID. They can't be transferred to a different Apple ID or accessed by a different Apple ID.
** Not all features are available in all countries or regions.
Sign out on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off. Forgot your Apple ID password?
- Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your device.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of iCloud.
Sign out on your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Apple ID, then click Overview. If you use macOS High Sierra or earlier, click iCloud.
- Click Sign Out.
- If you want to a keep a copy of your iCloud data on your Mac before you sign out, make sure that you select the appropriate checkboxes. Then click Keep a Copy.
- If you want to keep a copy of your Safari passwords on your Mac, click Keep on This Mac.
Sign out on your Apple Watch
Sign out on your Apple TV
- Go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud.
- Select Sign Out.
Sign out of iCloud for Windows
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Click Sign out.