This article is intended for enterprise and education system administrators. If you're trying to manage an Apple TV that isn't owned by a business or school, learn about the restrictions you can set.
In tvOS 10.2 or later, you can also use Apple School Manager or the Device Enrollment Program to supervise your Apple TV (4th generation) and enroll it in MDM. For instructions, see the iOS Deployment Reference.
Before you begin
Make sure you have:
Connect to your Apple TV
- Make sure that your Mac and Apple TV are on the same network.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices.
- On your Mac launch Apple Configurator.
- From the Apple Configurator 2 menu choose Paired Devices.
- Select your Apple TV in the Paired Devices list and click Pair.
- On your Mac, enter the 6 digit pin that appears on the screen of your Apple TV.
- Select your Apple TV in the device window of the Apple Configurator.
- Click Prepare and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Apple TV.
- Click Add to add a profile or app to your Apple TV. You can also drag a profile from a Finder window and drop it onto the icon of your Apple TV*.
- Learn more about managing you Apple TV with Apple Configurator.
- Learn more about pairing your iOS device or Mac with your Apple TV.
* To use this method to install an MDM enrollment profile, you must either Supervise the Apple TV or make sure your MDM server has a publicly-trusted SSL certificate.