Learn how to update your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) or about previous software updates for Apple TV.
What's new in tvOS 11
- 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR): Enjoy a cinematic experience on your Apple TV 4K with sharp, crisp images and more true-to-life colors.
- TV app: Now available in Australia and Canada, the TV app gives you one place for all your shows and movies. Continue watching your favorites, and see what’s new and popular.
- One Home Screen: Keep your apps and Home screens the same across every Apple TV you own, just by signing into iCloud.
- Control your Apple TV from Control Center: In iOS 11, you can now control your Apple TV from Control Center on all of your iOS devices.
- AirPods: If your AirPods are paired to an iOS device that’s signed into iCloud, you can automatically connect them to your Apple TV.
- Appearance: Automatically change the background appearance of your Apple TV from light to dark based on the time of day.
- Display languages: Apple TV now supports right-to-left scripts, including Arabic and Hebrew.
- Accessibility: Apple TV offers compatibility with more than 70 refreshable braille displays.