Customers using earlier versions of Apple Pro Apps—including Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Motion, Compressor, or MainStage—need to update their apps to be compatible with macOS High Sierra, available this fall.
These versions of Apple Pro Apps are compatible with macOS High Sierra:
- Final Cut Pro X 10.3.4 or later
- Motion 5.3.2 or later
- Compressor 4.3.2 or later
- Logic Pro X 10.3.1 or later
- MainStage 3.3 or later
You can update to the latest versions of these apps or buy them in the App Store. Previous versions of these applications, including all apps in Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio, are not supported in macOS High Sierra.
To check the version number of your apps do the following:
- In Finder, choose Go > Applications.
- Select the Pro App, then choose File > Get Info.
- You can see the version number in the General section of the window.
If you install the macOS public beta, Apple strongly recommends installing it on a secondary system, or on a secondary partition on your Mac. Make sure to back up your Mac with Time Machine before installing any beta software.