About Night Shift
Night Shift1 uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning, it returns the display to its regular settings.
Turn on Night Shift
There are two ways to turn Night Shift on and off:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center. Tap to turn Night Shift on or off.
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift.2 On the same screen, you can schedule a time for Night Shift to turn on automatically and adjust color temperature.
By default, Night Shift turns on from sunset to sunrise.
- Use Night Shift on your Mac.
- Learn how to adjust the display settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Use Control Center to quickly access settings and apps on your iOS device.
- Night Shift is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air or later, iPad mini 2 or later, and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Some display accessibility settings, including Invert Colors, Grayscale, and Increase Contrast, might turn off Night Shift or True Tone display.