With the Clock app, you can turn your iPhone into an alarm clock. Just open the Clock app from the Home screen or Control Center. You can also ask Siri to set an alarm for you.
Set an alarm
- Open the Clock app from the Home screen or Control Center.
- Tap Alarm at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap .
- Set a time for the alarm. You can also choose one of these options:
- Repeat: Tap to set up a reoccurring alarm.
- Label: Tap to give your alarm a name.
- Sound: Tap to pick a sound that plays when the alarm goes off.
- Snooze: Turn on to see a Snooze option when the alarm goes off.
- Tap Save.
Ask Siri to set an alarm
You can also ask Siri to set an alarm:
- "Wake me up tomorrow at 6:30 AM."
- "What alarms do I have set?"
- "Set my Work alarm."
Edit or delete an alarm
To edit an alarm:
- Open the Clock app and tap Alarm.
- Tap Edit in the upper-left corner.
- Tap the alarm, make your changes, then tap Save.
Here are a few ways to delete an alarm:
- Swipe left over the alarm and tap Delete.
- Tap Edit, tap , then tap Delete.
- Tap Edit, tap the alarm, then tap Delete Alarm.
Track your bedtime
With Bedtime, you can set the amount of time that you want to sleep each night and the Clock app can remind you to go to bed and sound an alarm to wake you up.
To set up Bedtime in the Clock app:
- Open the Clock app and tap Bedtime.
- Tap Get Started and answer a few questions, like how many hours of sleep you need each night and a time you need to wake up.
- When you're finished, tap Save.
To see data from Bedtime, open the Health app and tap Sleep.
Get help with alarms
Do Not Disturb and the Ring/Silent switch don't affect the alarm sound. If you set your Ring/Silent switch to Silent or turn on Do Not Disturb, the alarm sound still goes off.
If you have an alarm that doesn’t go off, is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:
- Check the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics to adjust the volume.
- If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap Alarm, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
- If you use iOS 10 or earlier and you connect headphones or speakers to your iPhone, the alarm plays through the connected device instead of the built-in speakers.
- If you use iOS 11 or later and you connect headphones or speakers to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume level through the built-in speakers on your iPhone. It doesn't play through your headphones or speakers.
Manually adjusting your iPhone’s time in Settings to change app behavior, like game timers, isn’t recommended and can affect alarms.