With iOS 10.2 or later, you can prevent Voice Control or Siri from responding when you press and hold the Home button on your device. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button.
- Under Press and Hold to Speak, select one of these options:
- Siri: Siri will respond when you press and hold the Home button.
- Voice Control: Classic Voice Control will respond when you press and hold the Home button. This will also turn off Siri.
- Off: There will be no response when you press and hold the Home button.
The press and hold setting applies only to the Home button. If you're using a headset, and it unexpectedly activates Siri or Voice Control, make sure that your headset is fully inserted into the device.
If you have a loose or poor headset connection, frayed cables, or moisture on the connector or remote, it might unexpectedly activate Siri or Voice Control. If the issue persists, try using a different headset.
Learn more about Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.