- Download the latest version of iOS for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Make sure that your device is signed in to the iTunes & App Store with your Apple ID.
Find iMessage apps in the app drawer
The app drawer gives you quick access to apps that you can use with Messages.
To see your app drawer:
- Open the Messages app.
- Tap and enter a contact or tap an existing conversation.
- Tap and swipe left or right over the apps to find the one that you want to use.
Here are some apps that are automatically in your app drawer:
Store: Download iMessage apps to use with Messages.
Recents: View recently used apps to use with Messages, like stickers, images, and more.
Music: Share recently played songs from Apple Music.
Digital Touch: Use Digital Touch to send sketches, taps, kisses, heartbeats, and more.
#images*: Find hundreds of trending GIFs to add to your messages.
*#images isn't available in all countries. If you find an issue or have a concern with content found in #images, you can report the content or remove the #images app.
Use an app with iMessage
- Open Messages, tap , and enter a contact or tap an existing conversation.
- Tap to open the app drawer.
- Swipe left or right over the apps to find the one that you want to use. Then tap the app to open it.
- If you want to add a sticker, touch and hold a sticker, then drag it to the message bubble. The sticker will automatically send once you add it to the message.
- If you want to use an app in your message, open it or tap the content that you want to add to your message.
- Tap to send.
Get a message with an iMessage app that you don't have? Just tap the blue name below the app to download it.
Download iMessage apps
You can find and download apps to use with iMessage in the App Store for iMessage. Here's how:
- To go to the App Store for iMessage, open the app drawer and tap .
- Tap next to the app, then tap Install.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap to return to your message.
After the app downloads, you can find it in the app drawer.
Manage iMessage apps
You can add apps that you use the most to your Favorites so you have quick access to them in the app drawer. You can also reorder apps in the app drawer, remove the ones you don’t want, and more. Here’s how:
- Tap to open the app drawer. Then tap .
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner to do the following:
- To add an app to your Favorites, tap .
- To remove an app, tap .
- To reorder apps in the app drawer, touch and hold , then move the apps in the order that you want.
- To hide an app, turn it off.
- Tap Done.
To delete an iMessage app, open the app drawer, tap , then swipe left over the app and tap Delete.