Apps and features that use Markup
Here are some apps that you can use with Markup and steps to get started:
- Open Mail and tap to start a new email. Or reply to an existing email.
- Tap inside the body of your email, then tap Insert Photo or Video or Add Attachment. You might need to tap to scroll through the options.
- Find the photo or PDF that you want to attach and mark up, then tap Choose.
- Tap the attachment, then tap Markup . Tap to add a signature, text, and more.
- Tap Done, then send your email.
- Open Messages and tap to start a new conversation. Or go to an existing conversation.
- Tap and select a photo.
- Tap the photo in the message, then tap Markup. From here, you can add a sketch to the photo, or tap for other Markup options.
- Tap Save, then tap Done.
- Tap to send.
- Go to Photos and select the photo you want.
- Tap Edit, tap , then tap Markup . Tap to add text, shapes, and more.
- Tap Done, then tap Done again.
Draw with Markup
After you choose a Markup tool, like the pen , highlighter , or pencil , select a color and start drawing. Tap the same tool again to change the color opacity, or tap another tool to change the thickness. You can also tap to change color shades.
Move a drawing
After you draw something, you can move it around. Tap the Lasso tool, trace a circle around the drawing that you want to move, then drag it where you want it.
Erase or undo a drawing
To redo a drawing, tap and rub your finger across the area you want to erase. You can also undo any markup action by using . If you accidentally undo a markup, you can shake your device and tap Redo.
Add text, a signature, magnifier, and shapes
Tap to choose from other Markup tools:
Tap the circle to choose a different text color, then tap to adjust the font, size, and alignment.
Quickly add or create a signature for a document.
Drag the loupe around, use the blue dot to adjust the size, and the green dot to increase or decrease the magnification level.
Tap a shape to add it to your screenshot, photo, or PDF. Drag the shape to where you want it and use the blue dots to adjust the size and shape. Use the green dots to adjust the arrow's curve and the speech bubble's appearance.
Do more with Markup
- Use Markup in the Notes app to sketch, add signatures to your documents, and more.
- Learn how to use Markup with Apple Pencil and iPad.
- Save and edit PDFs with the Books app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.